Sunday, May 2, 2010

Warner Springs Ranch

I am in Warner Springs, CA. I have been on the trail a week now and I have walked over 100 miles! What a woderful time so far. Warner Springs Ranch is a resort with hot springs and cold pools, hores back riding and buffet. very nice establishment.

I am looking forward to a shower and a soft bed. will be picking up my mail drop when the post office opens at 12 noon on Monday, then off to the trail once more. it should  take about 4 days to get to Idllwild, CA.

With all of the snow and rain Southern California has gotten this year the deserts are lush with green, and everything is blooming. It is beautiful. I think my favorite is the cactus rose. I am unable to post photos currently so I will in the next town stop.

Feeling good and in no rush since there is rumored to be snow in the mountains ahead.

I have made some new friends; Lisa, Mr. Mountain Goat, Hiker 816, and Green Tortuga among others. People are very nice and everyone I meet seems to come  from a different background. It is great to meet so many different people, who all like to hike.

That is all for now.
Peace and Love
Motor

4 comments:

  1. You're going to get a kick out of the dress I found at Goodwill. I'm going to see if there's an alternative I can find for you on consignment at OGE, in which case I'll send both as options. This one may fit the bill for temporary wearing. It's light and comfortable, but you'll be a happy hippie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Sweet!! Glad you're doing well-- what do you need?.. want?? Let me know.
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steph!
    I lost my cell -so if you call-- has to be the house or school- don't know when I will get a new one--
    Hope you are well- Can't wait to see the new batch of pics!

    Love you'
    M<3M

    ReplyDelete