Thursday, June 10, 2010

The High Passes


I left kenneday Meadows, CA about 6 days ago and am now in Bishop, CA. In that time I climbed Mount Whitney, the Tallest Mountain in the lower 48 states, and I went up and over forester pass, a Mountain Pass over 13,000 feet tall. There were snow feilds and rock scrambles, cold mornings and freezing river crossings. One of the hikers, Lakewood, slipped and got carried away by one of the rivers and lost his GPS. He is OK, but was shaken up enough to go into town earlier than he had planned. It has been beautiful out in the Sierras and now I will be hiking in Kings Canyon National park. I dont hike with Treking poles for stability or any kind of traction for my feet. Many peole have both as well as an Ice Axe. I have been hiking through conditions which have made me want all three, but I have perserveared and continue to do just fine without any of them. Bishop is a nice town and I have eaten well here. Especially at the Wiskey Creek Steak house, Oh SO good! Here are some pictures from the last 6 days.


1 comment:

  1. I love your photos, Stephanie! You're right: that was one hell of a gorgeous view from your tent! :) Thanks for posting these. The shot of you on Whitney is great and the panoramas are spectacular. I love you!

    ReplyDelete