Thursday, June 3, 2010

what's new

SO I have come a long way since the last time I wrote. I have walked 700 miles thus far and still have about 1950 miles to go. It is a long trail, but is a lot of fun. I am now in Kennedy Meadows, which is on the edge of the Sierra National Forest. I will be climbing up to 14 thousand feet in a couple of days. Mount Whitney is right around the corner. It is the tallest mountain in the lower forty-eight states. There is said to be a lot of snow up there right now but I am not worried. I am walking with a good crew of people. I have been hiking over 20 miles a day for a while. I have even done a couple of 29 mile days. Currently hanging out at this guy Tom's place and watching Forest Gump with a whole lot of hikers. The weather has been heating up so it is a good thing I am going to gain in elevation in the next couple of days. Leaving tomorrow. will be in Independence CA in 6ish days. hopefully I will be able to write then.

Peace and Love

1 comment:

  1. A little inspiration from Forrest :) I'm looking forward to talking with you!

    ReplyDelete