Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Sister Sister Sister

I loved the show Sitier Sister when I was yonger. That is not what I am talking about though. I am now in Sisters, OR, about 160 miles to Washington state and about 678 miles to Canada. Stoppping in to resuply amd rest my aching feet.

Have been walking in spectacular country for the last few weeks. The conifir forests are shady and majestic and the three sisters wilderness of the last couple of days has been phenominal! The lava feilds and the three sisters looking down on me as I hike is great. The hiking from Ashland to Sisters has felt so good. It feels like home, it is that coumfortable.

Moving on tomorrow and looking to get to Cascade Lockes on the Oregon Washinton border in about a week.

People have said that Northern California and Oregon is boring hiking. They are so wrong. Relativley flat compaired to the Seirras but wonderfully wooded and green and beautiful.

Got caught in a rain storm last night that consisted of flashing lightning and rolling thunder. Me without a rain coat, I was quite nervous at first but then I was wet and I got over it. The posse I had been hiking with was only going about 5 miles and so I walked wet for a couple of hours and then got snuggley in my tent. PS I will be looking for a poncho while I am in town, as well as a delicious bakery Isaac and I had visited last year when we came out here.

Baked goods and boxes, Washington here I come!

1 comment:

  1. I was thinking about you not having your jacket and pulled it out to send. Apparently my Stephanie ESP was engaged!

    ReplyDelete