Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Skykomish, WA

I have walked 2480 miles since the mexican border, now I am about 180 miles from Canada. I will be there in 9 hiking days. With the end in sight I am both thrilled and pencive, thinking about the last 4 1/2 months, it has been terrific! Stehekin in 4 days and then the border.

I am ready to go back to living in a house with cotton sheets and pillows, wearing cotton clothes and showering with warm water and shampoo. not really looking forward to paying bills and working a 9 to 5 but I will be blissfully ignoring that till the last minutes of my flight back to the east coast.

The Rain of the last week has been brutal. Cold and wet and consistent. Basically impossible to stay dry. I managed for the last 3 days to keep the important things dry, long underwear and sleeping bag and pad. The etent has been soaked since day one and so has my not so water proof rain gear. I go to the Dinsmore's house yesturday and got dry and have been drying out my things. Will be leaving tomorrow and hopefully the rain will be finnished by then.

Fingers crossed for good weather for the rest of the trip.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck and congratulations on making it that far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good on ya', lady ! It's been a treat to follow you here when possible.
    I've got some Foxfire books for you when you have some semblance of a fixed address.

    ReplyDelete