Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Gear

So I thought that people might want to know what gear I am taking on this journey of mine. Here are some items that i am particularly excited about.


Granite Gear Vapor Trail (This is a lighter pack than the one I used for the AT, but I will be carrying less weight... fingers crossed.)
Western Mountaineering Ultralite 20* (what an upgrade this will be from my Marmot Pounder Plus 25*, which I can still use as a very comfortable summer bag but is more like a 40* after care taking in the White mountains and getting dragged along the Appalachian Trail.)
Thermarest Zlite (I carried a ProLite on the AT and it was really nice but with the wet weather I experienced, mildew grew prolifically. Also didnt want to risk puncturing an air mattress in the Desert and Chaparel.)



pepsi can alcohol stove (this includes primer pan and windscreen.) 
(Why not the Jet boil? well, it is because I will have nothing but time when I am out there and I never developed the "Hiker Hunger" when I was on the AT, so I really dont see the need to boil water in 90 seconds.)
Sea to Summit Ti long handled spoon (Oh Luxury!)
Snow Peak Ti Mini Solo cook set (a nice lite addition to the dining scene)


So thats it for now.
Peace and Love!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I just made an alcohol stove the other day, and I'm teaching my class how to do it Thursday! Hopefully we won't burn the college down...

    ReplyDelete