Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Make a difference while hiking!


Plain ticket? check!
Backpacking gear? Check!
A Purpose? che..wait, what?

Who has a purpose when they go backpacking? I mean other than your typical "getting, excersize, in tune with nature, escape the pressures of the "real world"". Well I certainly didnt at first. The more I thought about it, the more I realized that maybe it shouldnt be just about me this time.

I decided to raise money for a charity. which charity? Well the one that stuck out in my mind was the non profit organization, Save the Children.

Now for those of you who know me, you might be thinking, "Children? you dont like kids." Well you would be wrong! I do like kids. I feel very strongly for helping those in need and kids need. Save the Children, I think, does the best job helping. Putting over 90% of there money into program services. This is greater than most non profits. Another reason I chose this group is because it started in the Appalachian mountain region of the US. A place that since 2008 (my AT hike) has been near and dear to me.

I know I dont start hiking for another 3 months or so, but I thought it would be good to let people know my intentions and to get the word out.

The Pacific Crest Trail is a 2,650 mile, 4,265 kilometer, trail. So, I am trying to raise $2,650.00. if I reach this goal, I have a secondary goal of $4,265.00. 



I would appreciate any help that people feel comfortable giving: DONATE, advise, or forwarding the message to a friend. OK my sale is over now. That "please donate" stuff always makes me nervous, but I will get use to it. 


Just so you know, if you follow the donation link it goes to the fundraising site and I am happy to assure everyone that I do not touch any of the money! Which eases my nerves, quite frankly. 


All right that is all for now. 
Peace and Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment